Wednesday, December 3, 2008

S T U P I D - A word that will trigger my mum's anger

I bet every parent knows that children nowadays are mainly quick learners including myself. I honestly to say that I am pretty quick learner. And I would rather say I am a quick learner on something that I shouldn't learn at this age.
Hehehehhe.....I learnt many bad words that you can only or should only hear from ADULTS ! How did I learn it? Well I heard people saying those words, I heard the words from TV, songs, and also from my parents. Well of course they didn't teach me but I overheard them.
What special words that I learnt that will trigger my mum's anger??? Few of them...let me see... first one I learnt was " F*CK", then I learnt " KILL", lately I learnt "STUPID". Have you ever expect to hear these words from a kid at 3 yrs old? Well my parents and grandparents heard them all many times.
They started to worry..worry about what kind of person I would turn out to be? But I have been good now as mum finally has made me stop saying the "F*CK". To be fair enough whenever I hear she says this word I will also say the same thing to her " mama, you cannot say this word!!"
But mum's response was like "I am big girl, I can say that!". Of course I will never understand now why big person can say that but small person like me cannot say that. But mum only said that whenever she was angry at the level which she couldn't handle anymore...and that anger...majority of the time was caused by.... A D A M !! ME !!!!
Ok ok I got it already that I will never say that word. But there is another word S T U P I D that really trigger my mum's anger. Like tonight I was asking for some snack. Mum thought to give me some crackers with avocado dip which is my favourate. Mum thought to give me a different kind of crackers but I rejected and asking her to give me the other crackers from the pantry. And I said to her "STUPID" !
Now you can imagine what I have imagined from my vision. A skull with burning hot fire in her eyes ! How scary was it. She straightaway asked me " what did you say??" times many times. I was like... " I said I do not want this biscuit but I want that biscuit" ! You know trying to be smart. And mum goes" I heard you Adam, I am going to ask you again, and you do not lie, what did you say???" And I go " I said STOP!"
Of course I know mum clearly heard what I said but I wasn't dare enough to repeat it again because no matter what mum and myself knew what exactly going on. Mum asked me to come forward to her and stand infront of her. She asked me to put my hand out and I started to cry and hide my hands behind my back. She asked once again but I still not willing to surrend my hands.
Phewww...this time she let me go because it is pretty late now. Nearly 11pm she was still cooking for the curry paste because dad's friend wants to eat my mum's curry. Shes tired and its late for her to punish me and making those noises. But she said to me " Adam I do not want to hear that word from your mouth anymore, do you make myseld clear??". I nodded very fast and was feeling so relieved. Thank god is late now I guess next time if I am trying to make any trouble I know what time is suitable !
Imagine a son said S T U P I D to his mum. I totally understand why my mum was so mad. I am sorry, I didn't mean it but I said it out loud too quick and too smooth ! I promise you will never hear this word from me again.
To the children out there please do not do this to your parents. It is totally unacceptable no matter at what age you are.

No comments: