Thursday, December 18, 2008

Jayden's Concert @ Barker College

We were invited to go to see Jayden's Xmas concert that held at his college which normally they do it every year. Somehow this year my grandma asked us to go to see the concert and it was my first time to actually see a concert. How excited it is !1???

First of all to let you know that this year the summer is TOTALLY WILD N STRANGE !! When we saw the concert it was already December and it should be steamy hot weather already, however this year we had experienced the coldest summer ! There were the days that kept raining, windy and cold !! And then 2 days hot and sunny then back to those cloudy and wet and cold days again. This kind of weather making alot of people sick especially children.

Anyway, the day of the concert was actually quite nice and sunny during the day time. But the concert started in the evening around 6pm. Before heading there mum thought even its gonna be a cool change it wont be like winter..so she got herself a normal jacket, and she put me on with tracksuit and a long sleeve t shirt inside which she thought should be warm enough.

By the time we arrived the college the weather was getting windy and cooler...well its ok we had jacket. So I was running around while waiting the concert to be started. Audiences / parents start coming in and putting up their pinic chairs, preparing food, opening drinks and chips.

Finally concert started. Just after the second song we all noticed a sudden blackout..ermm..not electric blackout but a blackout by a massive huge black cloud passing through. And of course rain was just pouring with no warning sign at all !! We had to pack up everything and ran to a building as we got oldies with us. Students with instruments also ran into the building but was blocked by the director who did not allow them to go but just to wait.

After 5 minutes the black cloud has gone and so was the rain. Students were back there and continue their concert and choir. THe only concern was it was FREEZING !! Trust me...FREEZING !! For me its fine coz I had warmer clothes and I kept running around but my mum was actually too cold that she was shivering. She still had to sit outside and finish the concert. Jayden's grandparents were too old and toos care to stay outside so me, my grandma and them stayed inside the college.


I had my performance too while we HIDING inside the building. My grandma asked me to dance or sing a song to show the grandparents so that she will award me with a snake lolly. They loved my performance though but mum missed it and kept suffering the freezing cold out there.

These are Jayden's grandparents...look how cold was it by the way they dressed up/


The concert has started !!! It was still kinda of beautiful weather !!

Did you see the cloud? Scary isn't it? I took the photo of it and mum thought its good to support me story line here.


Despite the cold they still enjoying a moment...and I took this photo too !! Mum was pretty surprised of my work !




There you go, I spotted Jayden in the middle when he was backup for a junior concert ! This is a private school - boy school but from year 10 will have a mixture of boy and girl. How cool it is.




While people were actually enjoying their children performing out there I was also having my little time playing me man made drum !! ----> actually making annoying noise.
Afterall it wasn't too bad except it was really too cold and the students' uniform was only a short sleeve T Shirt. I really did not know how did they stand the cold. But they all did a good job !

No comments: